We offer a full array of podiatric services to help you maintain healthy feet and ankles.
You benefit with the latest technology on-site:
- Fluoroscopy Video X-Ray – Fluoroscopy is a medical imaging procedure that produces moving real-time images of the internal structures within the foot and ankle. These real-time images help diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions affecting the joints, ligaments, and many other conditions.
- Non-invasive vascular testing – Peripheral arterial disease occurs when there is a build-up of cholesterol and plaque in the arteries of the lower extremities, causing decreased blood flow to the legs and feet. This test detects blockages in the arteries and the quality of blood flow using a Digital Ankle Brachial Index.
Get FAST pain relief usually in one visit:
Many painful conditions can be treated on your first visit. Most patients get immediately relief from such conditions as:
- Ingrown nails
- Fungus nails
Pediatric foot care:
It is very important to begin foot care at a very young age as children’s feet will carry them for their entire life. At Hollowbrook Foot Specialists, we treat common pediatric foot problems such as:
- Ingrown toenails
- Flat feet
- Sports injuries
- In-toeing and Out-toeing
We specialize in treating children with Low Muscle Tone with the SureStep Dynamic Stabilizing system. SureStep is a light flexible brace that allows and even encourages normal development for children with low muscle tone.
Low-cost outpatient surgery and non-surgical treatment:
Conservative non-surgical treatment can be effective for many conditions. In some cases, when conservative therapy is ineffective, surgery may be needed. Surgery may involve very minor procedures which can be performed in the office under local anesthesia or treated on an out-patient basis. Surgery for the following conditions are usually treated on an out-patient basis and usually do not require hospitalization:
- Heel Spurs
Diabetic foot care:
According to the Center for Disease Control, 26 million people are affected with diabetes. Comprehensive foot care programs have been shown to reduce amputation rates by 45-85%. It is important for diabetics to receive proper preventive foot care so minor problems can be treated early.
We carry a full-line of diabetic shoes specializing in wide and extra-wide shoes and sneakers.
Falls and fall related injuries are the leading cause of accidental deaths in older people. In fact, most fractures among older adults are caused by falls that can lead to premature deaths.
We can help if you have:
- Difficulty walking
- Have or are at risk of falling
- Have ankle weakness or instability
- Have arthritis in your feet or ankles
- Have had a stroke, weakness, or dizziness
- Are using a cane, walker, or assistive device
By reducing falls, we can help reduce the chances of serious complications of falling.
An Orthotic is a custom made arch support that can help realign the foot and ankle joints, thus reducing stress on inflamed or irritated parts of your foot. Often, the use of a custom molded orthotic can help:
- Delay the need for surgery
- Allow you to participate in sports longer and with less pain
- Prevent wounds and ulcers on the feet of people with diabetes and/or circulation problems
- Treat conditions such as heel spurs and bunions
Orthotics are made in different shapes and sizes to fit in many varieties of shoes, including high heels and sneakers.