In my search for the best running sneakers, I found the Ugliest Sneakers ever!
May is National Runners Month and so you want sneakers that look good and are good for you. Unfortunately, my search for good running sneakers took me to Neiman Marcus where I found an entire collection of ugly sneakers.
What Makes a Good Running Shoe?
If you want to design a good running shoe, you need a shoe that’s:
- supportive where you need support
- flexible where your foot naturally flexes
- provides protection from things that can hurt your feet
- shields you from the elements
- made from material that breathes
- made from sturdy materials
- has good shock absorption
- and that doesn’t have rough, exposed seams to irritate your skin
After all that is met, then you can start finding shoes that have nice color and style.
What makes an Ugly Sneaker?
If you really want to make an ugly running shoe, you want one that:
- has strange colors, or better yet, strange colors that clash (like pink and teal)
- has appendages that flap around
- has flashing lights
- has exposed springs or metal
- has multiple exposed layers of different colors
- has two bold patterns together
Here is a good example of what I am describing:
This strange looking sneaker is not something you would see while watching any professional sport.
Here’s the Ugliest Sneakers Ever!
I think the winner of this prize is the Maison Margiela Future Destroyed High-Top Sneaker.
This perfectly designed ugly sneaker looks worse that something you might pull out of a garbage dump. Strange colors and loose pieces guaranteed to get weird looks from everyone you meet.
These ugliest sneakers of all time cost $1425 at Neiman Marcus.
So if you’ve got a craving for sneakers that look like they got caught in a large shredder, then we’ve got the perfect answer.
I would much rather see you wearing something sensible and functional, then have you come in complaining about how some crazy fashion statement created a large sore on your heel or a big, red blister on your toe.
Just in case, if you do have a painful, swollen foot, we are here to help. Call our office for an immediate appointment at (845) 298-9074.
Hollowbrook Foot Specialists serving the Hudson Valley from Wappingers Falls.